62″ Hophornbeam Stiff Tipped Flatbow
- Tip to tip it’s 62″
- the limbs are 1 3/8″ wide at the widest and are somewhat parallel to about quarter limb.
- It has 11″ stiff tips due to the knot cluster.
- the limbs are about 5/8″ thick off the fades to the center of the crown
- the tips at the nock are about 1/4″ wide and have horn overlays
- Backed with rawhide and stained with Fiebing’s Leather Dy in a camo type style with red and dark brown stain
- arrow rest is white antler
- The belly was heat treated using the heat gun.
- As I was heat treating it, it was clamped to a reflex deflex form (see photos)
- Finished weight (with string) 19.2oz
I started the split in the center to ensure I had enough handle material for both staves.
The pith had a hollow spot which was filled with this super glue