Utility/EDC – With File Work
- Blade 3 3/8”
- Overall Length 7 5/8”
A small utility knife made from a file. I made this knife to try filing on the spline.
- I marked the plunge line and the handle so I would know where it was.
- I started by grinding off the file serrations.
- I figured while I was at the grinder I might as well put the bevel on.
- Then I sanded the spline to 400 grit
- Then I added layout blue to the spline
- I marked the starting point
- I marked the center line
- I marked line 3/8” apart
- Then I cut every other line one alternating sides with a 7/32” chainsaw file cutting at 45 degrees. I cut to the center line.
- The I cut a line at 45 degrees on each side with a small triangle file.
The Mistake. Try to make sure the scales do not end up in the middle of a cut out like I did.
See: Knife 55 Seax – Vine Filing-laminated scales and Knife 54 Hunter EDC from a file – Blade Filing for more filing details.