White Oak Ash Backed Bow with Bloodwood Handle and Power Lam
- 50# @ 28″
- 56″ tip to tip
- 1/4″ x 12″ bloodwood power lam
- 9″ handle and site window/arrow shelf
- Tapers to tips start at 14″ from center
- 3/8″ tips with bloodwood overlays.
- Limbs about 1 5/8″ at the widest
- The String is braided 15 (3 – 5 strands each – red/black/orange) strands BCY B55 Polyester Bowstring with .030 BCY Halo Serving.
I am hoping the pictures tell most of the story. This was laminated with a slight deflex-reflex. For this form i got a piece of 2″x2″ steel. No worries about anything sticking to it. The reflex, deflex is made by blocking up the middle and tips similar to this one.
I started with 5/4″ white oak 2″ wide. I used titebond 3.